Friday, June 22, 2012

Badge of Honor


A few days ago a good friend of mine by the name of Kevin Neeld wrote a great blog called "What It Means To Be A Boyle Guy".




The article was about Mike Boyle, who is a well known Strength and Conditioning Coach, and describes what exactly people mean when they refer to other coaches as a "Boyle Guy". In short, it is often a description used by people who don't agree with what Coach Boyle believes in to describe the many coaches who do. I won't go into this much as Kevin does a great job explaining it in his blog (I HIGHLY encourage you to read his blog, which is posted above).

However I for one, and many other "Boyle Guy's" wear this description as a badge of honor, even if the person referring to us in this way means for it to be some kind of a slight. I am happy to be able to call MBSC my "alma mater", I am happy to be part of a network of smart, inteligent, nice people who wear the same badge, and I am happy to continue to learn and interact with my friend and mentor.

At the end of the day, if someone call's me a "Boyle Guy" I take it as a compliment. Whether or not it was meant to be one.

Thank you Mike.

From all of us "Boyle Guy's"!

No comments:

Post a Comment