Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thanksgiving
I am one of the fortunate ones. I know so many people who slog their way through each work day, counting the minutes until they can go home, only to repeat the process the next morning. Years and years pass by without so much of a glimmer of enjoyment. True, in this day in age a work life like this is still much better than what a lot of people are dealing with, but I am sure glad I don’t feel like that.
Lucky people get to say “I love my job” or, “I don’t feel like I’ve ever had to work a day in my life”. I truly am one of these, and I am so thankful for it. I am thankful for every opportunity, for every mentor, for every up and down I’ve experienced on my journey to where I am today. I truly love what I do for a living and I know how uncommon that is in this world. Even on my worst days, rarely does it escape me that I am so fortunate.
I am thankful for my friends. Most of them are idiots, but they are my idiots and they are great people. I’m fortunate to have them all in my life (even Guano Kenny, and Tierney, who are complete morons).
I am thankful for my wonderful parents. They have sacrificed so much just to make me happy and give me an opportunity to become the man I am today. They are truly two of the best people in the world, and I am so lucky that I ended up with them as my parents. Without everything they have done and still do, there is no way I would be who I am or where I am.
And lastly, but most importantly, I am thankful for my beautiful wife, Erica. It takes a special woman to put up with me, and there isn’t anyone else on this earth that could do it. She is smart, beautiful, funny, and truly gets me, and I am so thankful that she came into my life and I was/have been lucky enough not to screw it up!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment